Not enough information...

I appreciate the fact that rules are for everyone and I screwed up by not putting a screen printout in code brackets...

However, I was a bit dismayed when I received the following and tried to reply to say "Thank you" for sending me the reminder. I could not reply and had no idea what the following is really trying to say or how to "fix it" -- since the code tags had already been inserted by the moderator...

This was only my 2nd question ever on the forums...

So my questions are:

1. What does it mean that this reminder is worth 2 points?
  2. Under what conditions will it remain in effect?
  3. Under what conditions will it expire?
  4. What am I actually supposed to do about it if the situation was already corrected by the moderator?
  5. Why did my "banking" figure go from over 8k to -1100?
  6. All of this on a "first reminder"???

I looked at your post and made a judgement call -- you had only four posts under your belt and didn't use code tags, so I assumed you didn't know how. Our form-letter for that includes detailed instructions, so was the most straightforward way to show you.

On reviewing your posts though, you obviously already knew and just forgot. I'm not here to punish people for trivial errors; I'll reverse your infraction.

No threat was meant -- the points go away by themselves in a month, and it would take a vast number of them to mean anything. The standard form-letter is a little stark since it's usually ignored.

The 'bits' thing is a crude representation of a poster's productivity here. Posting replies in threads and things earns points, and you can 'spend' points on things like changing your username. People don't see how many bits you have.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply and explanation.

---------- Post updated at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:09 PM ----------

@Corona688 -- I was hoping that you might be able to render some assistance on this post...

Thank you for any time and/or effort in helping me.

Please don't ask in other threads for help on other threads.

Ahhh. Ok. Thank you. Won't happen again,