Not able to get CPU utilization on WUG

Hello Experts,
I have recently configured SNMP my Solaris SPARC boxes for getting the resource utilizations on Whats Up Gold (hereby referred as WUG) tool. Lately we have upgraded WUG from 12 to 14 version. Then on CPU utilization of SPARC machines isn't populating on the dashboard (other HDD, RAM utilization is coming up.) I thought we need to put in MIBs related to SPARC but could not succeed.

this is the error i'm receiving on the server end when checked with dmesg

SNMP services are running on the servers, i have also restarted them several times.

Can anyone suggest on what might be the issue and of course as soon as possible please as i'm running out of time...

What OS version are you running ?

And have you recently patched anything else ?

and have you chnaged anything in your snmpd.conf or snmpdx.acl files (under /etc/snmp/conf/ )

(it's probably patch 108869-26 or later you need...though there was a workaround to change the snmpdx.acl community to match that in snmpd.conf iirc )

HTH

Hi....

OS version is Solaris 10 and no patch activity has been done neither was any change done to the SNMP conf file.

When WUG was of version 12, CPU utilization was populating. After WUG has been upgraded to Version 14, we are facing this issue and only for SPARC servers.

Solaris X86 systems are giving the required details.

Thanx..

Hey Embed,
Based on the error that you posted, the community string you have assigned to the device in WUG is invalid against the target device. Have you verified that the community string is correct? Are you able to get any SNMP responses from the target device?

Jason (a.k.a. The WhatsUp Guru)

hmm, wonder if somethng came out of the woodwork when you upgraded WUG..

Out of interest, what is output of

showrev -p|grep 108869

and you may need to tweak your communities string to

communities = public, private

so, what have you got for

grep communities snmpdx.acl

@WhatsUpGuru: when i'm trying to walk through the system parameters i get the error "Timeout: No Response from localhost"
but we are able to get the HDD and RAM utililzations on WUG dashboard.

@Tytalus:
showrev -p | grep 108869 ---> blank output
grep communities snmpdx.acl ---> can't open snmpdx.acl

Thanx...

any help on this please ??

Issue isn't resolved and we are facing the problem for SPARC CPU utilization data.

Thanx..

We need to know what version OS you're running and what patching you've done recently to fully help you. Also, you said you upgraded woodwork... during that process, errors could have been made.

@OussenkoSearch

As I mentioned earlier, OS is Solaris 10 and no patch activity was done.

Upgrade of WUG didnot have any issue..
we are able to extract all the other data like disk utilization, memory, ping response etc.. and for x86 processor, in addition to the above parameters, we are able to get CPU utilization as well....

This issue is only with SPARC servers....

Thank you.

Check Securing SNMP on Solaris