Node switched itself from static to DHCP on reboot issue

I'm trying to figure out what circumstances would cause an Open Solaris 11.2 host to switch itself from a static to a DHCP ip address upon reboot. This has only happened once but is a cause for some concern as this machine will be part of a web server pool.
Nothing has changed on the LAN that would potentially conflict with the static IP assigned. No adds/mods or changes to any switches and only one DHCP server in use. The OS is a default install with no kernel mods (i.e.: no dual boot. no vm etc). There is only one active I/F device on the machine (net1), Network Profile is Automatic, Location is Automatic and Network Profilers = None.
I am still learning this environment but my google searches and man page requests are not telling where I need to be focussing my attention. It would be very helpful if someone would tell me which log file is most likely to hold the clue and what I should be looking for.
Thank you in advance.

I have little experience to none with latest solaris 11.2 release but i suspect the reason could be activation of on old boot enviroment (BE) in which network was configured to use DHCP.

Can you check beadm list to confirm or deny this ?

Are you using NWAM perhaps ?

1 Like

@Peasant Thanks for your reply. As an FYI, I have put the above question to Oracle and am waiting for a reply. This is a new x86 machine with no prior O/S installed. What makes this more of a mystery is that a further reboot (cold) invoked the original static ip?

Beadm shows default grub2 as expected:

solaris          NR     /          6.10G static 2014-10-01 08:42 
solaris-backup-1 -      -          67.0K static 2014-10-02 10:06 

You raise a good point, however, on NWAM. It is my understanding that NWAM would dynamically respond to either user input or a change in network configuration. Which begs the question "what happened at re-boot"? because AFAIK nothing changed. A I am fairly new to this, what advice could you offer on which log files I should tail/interrogate. Again, many thanks.