no options

Hi All,

I have a situation here that's very fun...
I have a system with AIX and iPlanet (sunOne) installed, when occurs an unknown event on the network the WebServer shows a thousand of CLOSE_WAIT connections and this number grows and grows until the webserver crashs.

I read some documents and find out that for Sun Solaris operating system has a network option called tcp_close_wait_interval and when you set up this option after some seconds set up by you the CLOSE_WAIT connections are destroyed.

Someone knows a similar option on AIX system?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

PS. Sorry for my poor english.. :smiley:

Hi...Try this:

AIX TCP_KEEPIDLE
Description: The keepAlive packet ensures that a connection stays in an active/ESTABLISHED state.
How to view or set: Use the no command to determine the current value or to set the value. The change takes effect immediately. The change is effective until the next time you restart the machine. To permanently change the value, add the no command to the /etc/rc.net directory. For example:
no -o tcp_keepidle=600

Default value:14400 milliseconds.
Recommended value:600 milliseconds.

in addition, i found something else on this site, which I had used some time back prior to our app at work going oracle on a AIX ..at which time we used and inhouse keepAlive via plsql

http://unix.com/showthread.php?p=60062\#post60062