No Hard Drives Have Been Found

I am using an Acer Aspire 4720Z with two partitions C and D. Windows is installed on C and I decided to install Red Hat Linux 9 in partition D. The two partitions are in NTFS file system. During my installation of the the Linux, a prompt was displayed on screen with the message: "No hard drives have been found. You probably need to manually choose device drivers for the installation to succeed. Would you like to select drivers now?"

Please can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks.

To install LINUX u need a NON-DOS (Idiotic term) partition or I can say a no filesystem partition. U are having a D: which is a wins partition with NTFS. U eitheir need a separate disk or u need to destroy/delete the D: (ofcourse after backing up D: ). Since u don't have a partition / drive on which Linux can be installed its' spitting up the correct message.

Most of the Linux distribution does not contain built in support for NTFS file system ( not sure about Redhat9). You need to configure your installation for NTFS support. One simple solution is to format your D drive with FAT32 file system and then proceed installation.