NIS Problem

I have a Solaris 9 system running on a sparc platform which is configured for NIS. The domain is set to unixlab.ocas.uc.edu on this system and the yp processes are running. The client machinces successfully binds using the ypinit -c command and specifying the servers name. I also copied the nsswitch.nis file to the nsswitch.conf. I reboot the client and the system reconizes the nis domain and comes up. The problem is when i try to login using an account i created it says login incorrect. I can login as the clients root and do a ypcat and the users info is in the passwd map. Also doing a ypwhich shows the name of the server. Plus i can ping the server. Any ideas???

you can log using root because root user is a local user stored in
/etc/passwd

To solve your problem put this entry in your /etc/passwd

+::::::

and this in /etc/shadow file

+::::::::

Note

the /etc/passwd should have 6 colon and /etc/shadow file has
8 colon

Unfourtunately that didnt work. The client systems are using dhcp and retrieving there ip from the universities dhcp server. My NIS server has a static ip. I was wondering if this could be causing a problem? The FQDN for the client is like Computername.net1.net2.edu and net1 is not the domainname. I would think it should look like this Computername.mydomain.net1.net2.edu. Any incite? Next im going to try to get a static ip for a client and see if it works.