NIS config problem

Hi Experts,
For configuring NIS server/clients which i've done several times already, i faced some problem which i have not seen before.
The problem is that after configuring NIS server & the clients, for instance when i run "ypcat hosts " it gives this message:
"No such map in domain services" but with "ypcat passwd" i get the contents of the file,however i am not able to login on client machine with defined accounts in server.

The OS is Soalris 8 release 2/02, i don't know wether this refers to patches installation or any other reason.
Pls. help me.

Thanks,
Nikk

I don't remember the details... It's been a while since I've done this. Have you made sure your database is populated correctly?

Yes it has been propagated by /usr/ccs/bin/make command.

Rgrds,
Nikk

i could find the reason of this problem but i don't know why it happens. when we configure our NIS server (ypinit -m) under /var/yp a DIR by the name of our domain will create & all related Info. such as (hosts,passwd,group,.....) will be placed there.

My problem is that i could not see all required files here & there's just passwd & some other files & as a result when i run "ypcat hosts" i get "No such map in server's domain" message .
Any comment could be helpful.
Thanks,
Nikk

Hey Guys,
Pls. help me regarding this problem,wether it refers to solaris bugs or any problem from my sdie.

Tanx
Nikk

Hi,

You should check your make script. This one takes the standard passwd files etc and makes copies of them. Ones you try to copy the wrong file, or just not specify that also passwd can be made, it will not :slight_smile:
make passwd should also give an error. Just look into the makefile. That's the impartant one now.

Regs David