nimsh configuration on the clients

Hi,
I do not want to use rsh to install and push software on my clients because we are trying to increase the security in our company.
I setup nimsh (nimconfig -c) on my master (6.1TL6SP6) without any errors.

I install openssl on my client (5.3TL12SP3) and ran nimclient -c as indicated in the IBM redbook NIM from A to Z, but I get the following error :

0042-154 nimclient: the file or directory "/opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a" does not exist

That file does not exist on my nim server either, libssl.a is in /usr/lib and there is no link.

Any idea for a fix?
:wall:

You are probably just exposed to the difference in the description in this old redbook and the slight differences in later levels of the open ssl install locations, or your /usr/lib/libssl.a is the wrong version, possibly owned by another install.

You could use LIBPATH or grab a copy of Openssl's libssl.a and put it in /opt/freeware/lib or if your /usr/lib is the correct one for your Openssl then just copy or even link it to /opt/freeware/lib.

I only have libssl.a in usr/lib and it is the Openssl one, there is no link in /opt/freeware/lib but then I've not tried installing or using nimsh.

# lslpp -w /usr/lib/libssl.a
  File                                        Fileset               Type
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  /usr/lib/libssl.a                           openssl.base          File

HTH

Thanks very much for the fast reply :slight_smile:

Now I get

0042-001 nimclient: processing error encountered on "master":
   ar: 0707-109 Member name /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.so.0 does not exist.

I do not find libssl.sl.0 anywhere in that server...