NIM client installation hangs at 0608

Hi All,
I am facing very strange problem. I have created NIM server with 6.1 TL4SP3. I am having SPOT and MKsysb of the same version. I am able to install the client using this spot and mksysb. Now I got the requirement of installing the 5.3 ML11SP3 client. So using the mksysb of 5.3 ML11SP3, I have created one spot but when tried to install the client using this spot and mksysb of 5.3 it is getting stuck at 0608. I have also copied bosinst_data from base cd and assigned for installation, still it is getting stuck at 0608. One more thing I am trying on the same client where I have installed 6.1 using same NIM so no problem of network. Also NIM client is having just one adapter. client.info file is ok and /tftpboot is also ok, permission wise and other configuration. What must be stucking to install 5.3. As per my knowledge spot and mksysb is enough for installation, is it something else which is blocking specific for 5.3. Please guide.
Thanks

0608 is the client LPAR attempting to get the client.info file from the server.

You should check the Network resources allocated in NIM rather than the SMS menu to determine if that routing is correct.

I have checked at server side everything seems ok. Thus the clinet and server is in same network no question of gateway, so for time being I have given the gateway as server IP only. Now wonder is I am able to install OS using same NIM server for 6.1 with which I have created NIM. I am using the same client for restore. But when I use 5.3 mksysb and spot for installation it gets stuck at 0608. I have checked the tftp working also, its working fine.

Please suggest

Hi,
In SMS, when you configure ip and mask clent adress and getway or not, you can do ping to nim server.
If you don't use getway your nimserver and client must be in identical network.
Now, if ping OK and still nim client hangs at 0608 please write.