nfs on solaris

Hello,

I've been trying unsuccesfully to mount from a FreeBSD box to a nfs share on a Solaris 8 box. I've run the share command several different ways and unable to get Read-Write access. I can mount but not create any files. Any solutions would be great!
thanks,

Chameleon

you need to use the rw option

issued

share -F nfs -o rw=client -d "shared fsd" /mount_point

or
share -F nfs -o rw /mount_point

or placed the above in /etc/dfs/dfstab
and finally run share -F nfs

Note
mount point will be the directory you will like to
mount the share directory on

Hassan,

Got it to work thanks. Ran into a new problem. The main reason I was trying to mount the drive was to store mail in one central location for two mail servers. My main goal was to load-balance between the two servers and store on the NFS drive. The mail servers are running FreeBSD with NFS server being the SunBox. I got one server placing mail on the drive but I can not check mail from the pop client. passwords will not authenticate. Is this due to user and group accounts not being on the SunBox? I'm using cucipop for POP3 server. Does this sound like it will work? Do you have a better solution maybe? It would really be hard to get the user and groups onto the Solaris system due to incompatible password files unless I had a script or something. Thanks in advance for your help.

Conley

I'm reposting this databases crashed right after I posted:

Got it to work thanks. Ran into a new problem. The main reason I was trying to mount the drive was to store mail in one central location for two mail servers. My main goal was to load-balance between the two servers and store on the NFS drive. The mail servers are running FreeBSD with NFS server being the SunBox. I got one server placing mail on the drive but I can not check mail from the pop client. passwords will not authenticate. Is this due to user and group accounts not being on the SunBox? I'm using cucipop for POP3 server. Does this sound like it will work? Do you have a better solution maybe? It would really be hard to get the user and groups onto the Solaris system due to incompatible password files unless I had a script or something. Thanks in advance for your help.

Conley