NFS : Invalid argument (Remote share mounting issue)

Hi Guru's,

I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client.

Error:

mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument
mount: giving up on:
/mountpoint

i tried following command

mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint

Error:

/mountpoint

there is no entry of this in /etc/mnttab.

rebooted but no use :wall:

i tried below

mount -o remount /mountpoint

error:-

mount: remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint: Device busy
/nfsshare

this is my first post, apologies if i posted in wrong section, quick reply is more apriciated...

thanks in advance.

For this error

while using

mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint

it seems that is the wrong or a non existing switch checking the man pages for Solaris.
They state that -F is the switch to specify the file system type (I hope i was looking on the correct one). On the other hand my guess is you can leave this switch and argument out anyway.

How is the export defined on the machine hosting the share?

Hi,

I am using DG/UX and -F switch is unavailable, just wanted to know what may be the fault for this kind of error, i found couple of blogs mentioning about irix OS faceing same problem

Ah ok, was maybe just confused because it is posted in the Solaris area. Did you try without using a switch at all? And what does the export look like? Maybe you specified a different hostname or IP-address that is not the same as shown when you login from this machine to the NFS host and issue a who am i .
Without knowing your exports it could also be, that there is maybe missing some option.

If it is correct, DG UX is no relative to Solaris so I move this thread to the "UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users" area.

Hi,

Thanks for moving to correct section,

I am accessing NFS share which is present on windows server, from windows end everythign looks fine. i am very sure that i am using correct hostname , tried using without switch no luck ..

Any other box you can try from? Another Windows box with a NFS client or a Linux box?