NFS file transfer limitation

Hello friends,

i hace a problem in nfs file transfer

i mounted hp-unix directory into linux directory

the command i used:

mount <IP_Address>:/home/new /usr/new

i have already done everything in linux side for exporting.

then i tried to copy a file which one size is 18 gb but file transfer stops exactly 16 gb.

i tried more than 6 times and i also tried in some other machines.
but the problem still exits.

please guide me how can i overcome this problem.

What version of HP-UX and NFS are running on the target system? And what filesystem type are you writing to?

I am using HP-UNIX server version 11.11 and NFS version 3, i tries to move a tar file

Have you tried to gzip the file before copying it? reducing the size will reduce the execution time which may be a concern here...

I tried that also, But same error repeated again.

I dont know what to do next

If you exported from HP-UX to linux then what do you mean by

?
You are moving from which box to which box?
Because I have never heard of a limitation on HP-UX side, I used to on 11.11 when changing disks from boxes (ok on SAN...) used to mount NFS between HP-UX and copy far more... (up to 72GB...) the only difference is the size of file... I dont remember if I did with files that size because not sure I had anything like that... and it was more that 4 years ago...
But I remember some solaris doing FTP with big files bringing down networks years ago that is why I say time is important, have you checked the elapsed time each time with / with no gziped? does it give always the same result?
That sort of thing I may consider using other commands than a mv via NFS