NFS errors on messages file.

Hi, The following messages are getting logged to messages file extensively while the omniback backup is going on

"NFS write error on host test.test.com: Read-only file system."

The system has nfs filesystems and we are backing it up at that time.

Any thoughts ?...

Appreciate it..
thanks

Did you set your NFS exports to be read-only on the backend system that you were backing up to?

Is this a new setup?This happens if your server disks are not mounted with "rw" option.

They are mounted as read/write.

test1.test.com:/1/default on /team/iwmnt/default type nfs remote/read/write/setuid/vers=2/xattr/dev=424005d on Wed Jan 7 12:30:36 2009
test1.test.com:/1/default on /team/.iwmnt/default type nfs remote/read/write/setuid/vers=2/noac/xattr/dev=424005e on Wed Jan 7 12:30:36 2009

Are you looking from the client?

What are the export permissions on the nfs server for /team?

Hi,

I am looking from the client. The nfs export is a part of the application and their by starts when the application is started.

We have another server with the same config, same application and we are taking the backup of those exported mounts. That setup is not throwing any errors in the log file.

appreciate your response. Tx.

When you say "another server with the same config", are you referring to the export permissions too? It could be that the server that you are having problems on (let's call it server1) could have export permissions that won't let your client mount as RW. But the other server that you are doing fine with (server2) has RW permissions for the same client.

I am not sure the export permissions on server1 and server2 are same from the application stand point but application is working fine (able to write to mounts) on both server1 as well as server2.

Being the application is just fine on both servers, i assume that the export permissions are same for both 1 and 2.
Tx.

Wait, I thought you said mounting and writing from the client from server2 worked fine but mounting and writing from the client from server1 resulted in error messages.