Newbie to Aix

Hi All,
I am new to Aix and want to have in depth knowledge, can anybody assisst me with video tutorials like cbt nuggets or trainsignal or something like that...i would be really greateful if anybody could help me out in this regard.
Any suggestion on how to move on getting expertise in Aix would be highly appreciated..

Thanks
Katherine

Unfortunately Katherine as with all flavours on Unix (not Linux or the PC based ones of course (Ubuntu)) the training courses are quite closely controlled and are usually only available from the O/S manufacturer (IBM) or one of their business partners.

However the IBM redbooks are a good source of reference. But I would add that a basic knowledge of Unix would be an advantage before diving into the redbooks.

The best place to start is here:

Redbooks

As well as the Redbooks (the single-best resource there is), there is also a link to some excellent videos here.

And plenty of other good stuff in the sticky threads here.

It pays to do your own research :slight_smile:

A last word of warning. The IBM website is in a constant state of flux. Some links which worked yesterday might not work tomorrow! This is a constant state of annoyance for all who work with AIX, myself included!

1 Like

Thanks a ton john, scot i really appreciate your response....