New UNIX user

I've acquired a job that uses UNIX as well as Windows 7. I've picked up on things rather quickly at work, but want to learn more at home. At work they have a shell that runs in windows. Is there some place I can download UNIX to run in Windows 7 in order to practice more at home?

Any info would be appreciated.

Windows 7 is a PITA for some things, not cygwin and xming. This is a linux like UNIX.

Download cygwin at: Cygwin Information and Installation

You can also get "virtual box", download solaris and run it and windows at the same time.

Oracle VM VirtualBox - Downloads

Solaris ???? ? ?? Solaris 10

I find AIX is a good unix program to start with just because of smitty and when it is complete it shows u the commands it used.

Hey Everyone i just joined the forum and hope that some one could point me in the direction of getting a unix dowload and linux. i wanted to get used to these programs on my spare time off of work. would appreciate any help and tips for with this.

Unix o/s have to be bought. Don't think you can get ur hands on one unless u get a used server. Keep in mind that Unix and Linux are different o/s with similarities. for linux distributions go to this site:
DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.
I am more a fan of fedora personally.