New Login Button for UNIX.COM

Hey,

Have changed the login from a legacy form on the upper right to a JS popup (which I originally wrote for mobile); by clicking on the person looking icon on the upper right.

I have tested and it seems to work fine (has been working on mobile for quite some time); but I may tweek the colors, fonts, spacing, opacity, etc. a bit over time.

If you have any favorite colors or layouts, please let me know.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Love it.
Large entry fields for easy viewing. <thumbs up>
Just one minor point but not important a temporary button to check the text of one's password to aid in one's own error correction before sending.
Other than that cool...

You mean a button to make the password visible, unhide and hide it?

Like this?

How To Toggle Password Visibility

1 Like

Hi Neo...

Yes; brill'...

1 Like

OK. Done.

How do you like it? OK?

Like this OK?

1 Like

Superb...

The colours are fine and the size of the fonts good for people like me whose eyes are not so good as they once were. <thumbs up>

LOL I solved the old eyes problem with a 34" gaming monitor.

Highly recommended!

Ha ha, wish I was that wealthy... ;oDD

1 Like

LOL, I cannot afford to NOT have a big monitor. That's one reason I'm so far behind on getting this site's code based more modernized. I can't get anything of value done working on a 13" MacBook Air screen, but WOW, on a 34" gaming monitor, I can produce!

That's one good thing that came out of my diversion from taking care of modernizing this site for nearly 1.5 yeqrs and working coding in C# and Unity3D. It was because of my research in cybersecurity visualization and cyberspace virtualization, that I got this big monitor, and I had to learn from scratch to code in C#. Now that I've tabled that project (because the Unity game engine does not support native parallel processing and multi-core, multi-threading), my JavaScript coding is much better because of all that time in OO C#.

I'm pretty excited about CSS3 and HTML5 and coding new features these days for UNIX.COM.

I love it!

The "remember me" checkbox has disappeared, however. Is it no longer necessary?

Yes, it's not required.

1 Like

Good.

Hi,

I changed the login code to just simply and quickly login and go back to the page you were viewing:

Was (ending code):

do_login_redirect();

Now:

$goto = "Location: ".create_full_url($vbulletin->url);
   header($goto);
   exit;

It is faster and easier than all the slow redirects so the user could (original code) read the mostly useless "cookie cleared" and other login (and logout) messages.

Now, it just logs in and goes to the page you were looking when you logged in, fast and without messages.

:slight_smile: