New Feature: Tagging Threads as "Solved"

We just added a new feature.

When tagging a thread, if you tag the thread "solved" the title of the thread will show up as blue (#0000FF) in various places (forum view, top stats, etc.)

So, if you want to show your thread as "solved" simply add a "solved" tag to the thread taglist.

Also, while you are tagging the thread as "solved", please don't forget to add other relevant technical tags for the threads.

This is a new feature so the color may change in the future or we may add a new icon, but for now, the title color change is "blue" (#0000FF).

(see attached top stats for an example)

2 Likes

Update:

We have updated the database and changed the titles (removed the ad hoc "solved" and "resolved" additions to titles) and replaced this marker by adding a "solved" tag to the thread.

Moving forward, it will be against forum rules to edit thread titles and adding "resolved" or "solved" in any way, shape or form; and the only way to mark a thread "solved" will be to add a the "solved' tag to the thread tags.

Please assist us in keeping the titles of thread "clean" and mark threads "solved" only by adding the "solve" tag to the thread.

Thanks!

1 Like

Also, we added some instructions to the tagging box area for each discussion thread:

The colour is a fairly bright purple for me (7F00FF on Light scheme IE8 & Chrome 33) - it appears brighter than the unsolved threads, which seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

That's a matter of perspective....... Some people are looking for "solved" threads; others are looking for "unsolved" threads. However, I venture to say that the vast majority of visitors to the site (from search engine referrals) are looking for solved threads, not unsolved threads.

I also use Chrome, and #7F00FF looks fine to me.... so it's all a matter of perspective.

If this is a "big" issue (we get a lot of comments on color), we can create a user option to permit the user to select the color of "solved" threads.

I agree with both of you, perception varies from person to person, but as CarloM said, its fairly bright even for me, we shall wait for others comments..

The <span> shows up in the thread title itself. My tab for this looks like &lt;span style="color:\#7f00ff;"&gt;New to ...

@Corona688 even I noticed same just before a while, title is missing..

Thanks.

Need to fix this...

EDIT: Fixed.

Also, if you have an indicator color preference other than the current #7F00FF indicator color we are using, please let us know. Thanks.

1 Like

FYI. Changed the indicator color from #7F00FF to #7200E6 to #3545DD ...

Currently indicator color is #3545DD

OK. I added a UserCP option to set this color (can add up to two more, suggestions appreciated)

Indicator Color for Solved Threads

2 Likes

Well done Neo :b:

1 Like

Shiny!

It might be better to have the colour as a word rather than (or as well as) the hex values though, for those who don't think in RGB :).

Well, folks can look it up... hahaha Or they can try it out.... and pick as they like.

I'm leaving it as hex... this is a technical site and I think folks can understand hex colors!

(If not, they will be just fine with the default color LOL)

True. They should learn them anyway! :slight_smile:

Well, they don't need to memorize all the hex colors... but they should be about to look it up on the net in about two seconds.

Just Google #FD00FF ... it's too easy.... if folks can't figure some thing this simple out they can be happy with the default color!

#fd00ff Color Hex

OK, I'm done with this for now :slight_smile:

Feel free to pick your own color: