New Array of disks

I was just curious if anyone has a good tutorial or some info about how I can create and add an array of disks to solaris 8

What kind of array?

SCSI/FCAL/iSCSI?

The answers may very depending on this and the actual models you are talking about, different models may have very differnt configurations required.

They are SCSI drives, and it is on a old enterprise ultra 450

Do you know the model Name&number of the Arrays?

I don't, I will try to find out. It is just an array that is part of the ultra 450 if that helps any

The E450 does not by default have an array, but it does have the capacity for lots of internal disks if the additional backplanes are installed.

ok ya sorry, that would be what it is, is there a way to have them all in raid 5

Software raid 5? Do you have a volume manager installed? I think you will need to have at least Solstice to do this. And software raid 5 will be an extra load on the CPUs too.

In general software RAID 5 is a bad idea, the performance is just so poor that it is not worthwhile.

ok I don't really care how I get it done, I just need to have my OS installed on one drive, then the 10 other drives need to be on one partition, is there a way to do that.

You still haven't answered whether you are using a volume manager or not. You would need some sort of logical volume management to do what you are trying to.

plug it in , type devfsadm and prey?

WHat kind of array do you have?