Networking Setup

I have a server running SCO Unix and two MS Windows computers (XP & 98) networked together (TCP/IP). The UNIX computer has 2 dumb terminals and the 2 Windows computer currently run ProComm to connect to it by way of a serial connection.

I would like to do two things.

1. Bring in the Internet to a router and connect both the Windows and UNIX computer to it. The Windows computer are no problem, I have never done this with UNIX.

2. Instead of connecting with a ProCom type program over a serial connection to the UNIX server, I would like to use something like Telnet over the network connection (LAN). I would also like to connect from home over the Internet (WAN) via Telnet to the UNIX server.

Hi,

you are asking about a training how to handle and configure unix. I don't think you will get any qualified answer to it.

The easiest way for you is to buy some good books, download manuals and start learning.
Of course this will be a long way, but the one and only if you want it really.

Regards
Malcom

Start here - networking (SCO) - once you have that understanding, then search on that site for more info on setting up a network connection on a SCO system.