Network User Session

dear colleagues,
please help,
i have a linux server (linux 5.3) running oracle 10g database for application.
there are 98 users who are using that oracle application over LAN. but during the working hours the user session is increased (min 150 users) bcos one user is working on different client machines or open multiple forms on a single machine. when the session reached at 145 user become suffering of errors on form or the server does not create more session for any user.
please help me how can i increase the number of session in linux, or guide me if there is any solution to expire the idle (inactive session) after 10 minutes.
your support in this regard will be appreciated.

You could put the following logic into a script:

Managing Oracle Database Processes

thanks for reply, but i already doing this manually.
i want that LINUX (operating system) can do it automatically.
is there any editing required in any file or make a script to automatically closed the user session after 5 or 10 minutes? it is irritating me now.

I'd investigate which limit is hit before starting to kill sessions.
The database limit can be found out by querying the databases parameters:

select value from v$parameter where name = 'processes'

The os-limit for maximum processes a user can initiate can be found out with:

ulimit -u

I like to put users in /etc/security/limits.conf

My AV uses up alot of memory when it scans so I restrict the AV user to run all AV related processes at low priority (10 in this case)

[root@XXx security]# tail -f limits.conf 

#McAfee user process piority
nails           -        nice            10
nails           -       priority         10
# End of file

So if you want to control users login sessions, you will need to use this value maxlogins

nails        -      maxlogins    <value>

dear cero,

1st of all thanks. dear i've found the value of parameter in db is 150, and ulimit -u value is 2047.
i'm waiting for yur reply.

Abrar,
investigate how many processes are needed for your users (how many of them use more than one session) and add a few (in your case 5) for internal use. For my example how to change the database parameter I'll assume a value of 300. As long as this value is below 2047 you do not need to change anything on os-level.
The syntax to change the database parameter (assuming you work with a spfile) is:

alter system set processes=300 scope=spfile;

Then you'll need to bounce (restart) your database for this change to take effect.

Dear Cero,
thanks for your support, i've changed the database parameters (processes, sessions and transaction) values, and it was successfull. 2day i'dindn't get fone calls from users. Thanks again buddy.
your valuable suggestion will always be welcomed in future. Take care.