Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM

Solaris for Sparc 11.1 with the latest patches. Created a Guest LDOM with two vnet's net0 and net1, installed a guest whole root, ip exclusive zone that I want to be able to utilize DHCP. I have been able to create the zone but unable to get it to boot because I am unable to assign an anet to it. it doesn't matter which vnet I associate it with or what settings I change in zoncfg the anet will not configure. I have read in the documentation that anet associated with vnic or vsw is not supported but I dont' see another way to do this.

any help would be appreciated.

Remove anet from zone configuration and then try add network interface explicity. You must have unused network interface in your LDOM. I assume that net1 is not used in your LDOM, so you can use it in your zone.

root@server1 # zonecfg -z testzone
zonecfg:testzone> remove anet linkname=net0
zonecfg:testzone> add net
zonecfg:testzone:net> set physical=net1
zonecfg:testzone:net> set address=192.168.56.102/24
zonecfg:testzone:net> set defrouter=192.168.56.1
zonecfg:testzone:net> end
zonecfg:testzone> verify
zonecfg:testzone> commit
zonecfg:testzone> exit

The problem isn't that I can't get it to network. I can. I am trying to setup the zone under a Guest LDOM to be able to do DHCP. As I understand it this has to be an IP exclusive zone because IP-shared is just that it shares the entire IP stack with the LDOM and thus the same ether address. So a DHCP reservation is impossible. As is Dynamic DNS name resolution.

I don't understand. If you don't configure ip-shared explicity, then zone is ip-exclusive by default.
So, you must now:
-remove address and router config from the previous example,
-boot zone,
-login to zone on console

root@server1 # zonecfg -z testzone
zonecfg:testzone> remove anet linkname=net0
zonecfg:testzone> add net
zonecfg:testzone:net> set physical=net1
zonecfg:testzone:net> end
zonecfg:testzone> verify
zonecfg:testzone> commit
zonecfg:testzone> exit
root@server1 # zoneadm -z testzone boot; zlogin -C testzone

After configuring zone:
-zlogin as normal user
-su to root
-configure dhcp

root@testzone # ipadm create-ip net0
root@testzone # ipadm create-addr -T dhcp net0

This turned out to be a noob/display issue.

dladm show-phys
LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE
net0 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet0
net1 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet1
net2 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet2
zone1/net2 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet2
net3 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet3
zone1/net3 Ethernet up 0 unknown vnet3

where Device=vnet0 =/= your vnet you named vnet0 in the control LDOM and assigned to this LDOM. it DOES equal the device # assigned to your vnet and is LABELLED vnet for your convenience/confusion

NOTE: don't name your vnets "vnetX" it WILL confuse you.