network card problem

hi, everyone:

alpha 600 au true64 Unix 4.0f
my network cart is set "Auto-Negotiate".After operate system startup,the network will be disconnected by itself at sometime. I found some prompt in /usr/adm/messages.
"tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :256 byte��link up :negotiated 100BaseTX:full duplex"
��tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :512 byte, link up :negotiated 100BaseTX:full duplex"

help me!  thanks a lot!

Found a post with same problem (or possibly the same problem - at least the same 'error' messages on the system) - transfer times 10X.

Unfortunately, there is no solution in the posting - only questions and different non-solutions (although I still believe from your posting and the one provide that setting the switch and card to a known value (non-auto-negotiate) should work to get rid of the problem). It does seem that the card is finding it 'easy' to 'talk' to the switch - that it is increasing the speed in which it is sending information.

Best thing to do is get with your Network Administrator to try to get this solved.

Other things you can do:
Monitor your card
Check Tru64 on HP