Network Bonding Issue

I have one production system where my customized application runs.The applications require seamless network connectivity with different machines connected in LAN and WAN. As these applications are very critical, it is very much required to have a seamless network activity.The applications are running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux server release 5.9 Kernel version is 2.6.18.
I have 2 Ethernet port in my application server machine and these 2 ports are bonded using bonding utility of Linux.These 2 ports can be pinged by a single IP.
In bonding configuration I have used Adaptive Load Balancing. Recently I have tested for seamless activity of the applications in production system and found the following.

1. When I remove LAN A (Physically) from switch I am not losing any ping packet drop.
  2. When I reconnect the LAN A again I am having 7 ping packet drop enough to disconnect logical path formed by customized application running on server.

The same is true for LAN B also.
In order to have seamless load sharing activity bonding is used but it is not performing as desired.
Can any body help me to troubleshoot the same?

What you are describing can be caused by the network switch and not the Linux setup. Are these network cables both plugged into the same switch? Or different switches? Please explain.

What make/type of switch(es) is it? Are they managed switches? Have they been configured for bonding?

---------- Post updated at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:18 AM ----------

Link Aggregation on a RedHat (CentOS) server and a Cisco Catalyst switch - Charles Hooper

They are in separate switches.These network cables are plugged from different switches.Switches are made of Cisco Catalyst 3640.They are managed switches.
What are the configuration that needs to be checked in these switches to verify whether they are properly configured for Linux bonding or not?Can u guide me on this?
I have the following configuration made for bonding.

ifconfig of bond0

# Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
NETMASK=X.X.X.X
IPADDR=Y.Y.Y.Y
GATEWAY=Z.Z.Z.Z
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes

Ifconfig of eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes

Ifconfig of eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
HWADDR=ii.jj.kk.ll.mm.nn
TYPE=Ethernet
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no
IPV6INIT=no
PEERDNS=yes

---------- Post updated 09-14-15 at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was 09-13-15 at 01:20 PM ----------

Is there any hint can you give seeing my above reply?

Moderator comments were removed during original forum migration.
1 Like

Hmmmm.....I'm not sure but a quick search on the web seems to indicate that you need to configure things differently if you are connecting to two different switches.

See this:
networking - Link bonding across multiple switches? - Server Fault

Perhaps you'll get more knowledgeable responses from others on this forum.