Netstat msg

What do you think of the netstat msg about :

udp 2320 0 :xdmcp *: The 2320? Does that mean an error?

I used netstat -l | grep 'xdmcp' to get that, but does the 2320 indicate an error? I'm trying to figure out why, after i've enabled xdmcp to true, it is still not showing up in my Exceed broadcast box. My unix boxes are fine, its just the linux machines! Has anyone else had a similar problem? Our network is now DHCP except my servers and the windows servers, those are static, but everything was fine before, when everyone, including workstations had static ip's, now the lan admin has changed it and he swears he didn't filter out anything, but only my linux boxes are not showing up, and the linux/unix ips are all sequential: 206.xxx.xxx.246, .247, .248, .249 etc. And only the .246 and .247 are not showing up! maddening, so any suggesions are appreciated.

Thanks

I am guessing that the 2320 is the length of the receive queue. You need to verify that by looking at the heading of the output or your man page. If it is the receive queue, then it indicates something odd. Does it persist? Can you run the command several times and get the same number (or a higher number)? If so, I would suspect that the program who opened that socket is hung or something. I would expect it to pull the udp packets off the receive queue fairly quickly if it was working properly. Packets (ok, datagrams) seem to be arriving at least. It's just that your local program does not seem to be reading them.

That makes sense and can explain WHY i can't see my xdmcp broadcasting. That is the RECV-Q column, it changes with time, was 960 this morning, is now 800. Any ideas?