NetIQ AppManager and Solaris 10

I've been asked to implement the NetIQ Unix Agent on some production database servers running Solaris 10 and wanted to check with the community and see what type of results you've seen.

A review of the documents seems to indicate that this agent can't connect to the standard Windows Management system and must use the Unix Management application. Can anyone confirm that? My monitoring admin has never done a Solaris deployment and so isn't knowledgeable about such matters.

Are there any other complications or caveats I should know about?

To deploy and configure the AppManager Unix Agent you should use the AppManager Unix Agent Manager (UAM) � a Java Application. This console can establish a bi-directional communication with the agent.

For alerting and data collection the Agent needs to talk to an AppManager Management Server (MS) - a Windows Service. This is a unidirectional connection established by the Agent to the MS. The Agent needs to know what MS to talk to by configuring it with the UAM. The MS needs to have the Unix communication (port 9001) enabled.

If you have further question, please do not hesitate to ask or post to the NetIQ AppManager Forum.

Thanks for your help. This information will get me going in the right direction.

Unable to respond to your direct message. The answer is yes, with a small caveat on the 'virtual' areas.

The NetIQ AppManager Forum would be a great place for clarification: NetIQ Identity and Access Management (IAM) | CyberRes