Need your Help on Unix Shell Scripting.........

Hi Friends,

1. Bash Shell Scrpt to take backup at evening
  2. I need a bash shell script for killing all processes.

take meaning tape? add the tape backup the your crontab

there is a command called killall usually on your system as well as killuser which will kill a user's processes. If you kill 'all' the processes or the processes in a bad order your going to do damage to your machine's install.

show us what you've got so far. what operating system? doing backups can depend on the OS and the file system being used. solaris would probably use ufsdump, linux would probably just use dump, but you can also use tar, or cpio, or rsync. it would also depend on what you're backing up to, what your schedule is, and how much data you're backing up. less important may come into consideration such as are you backing up NFS mounts as well, or SAN or NAS shares?

number two is easy:

#!/bin/bash
init 0

actually I was working on Sun solaris Unix as Test Engineer. but now working QTP. ance i want to switch to Unix environment. so can u help me by providing some scenarious/situations usually we write shell scripts

I find it easier helping someone who has made an effort to learn something first. once they're stuck, they can be unstuck, but teaching you everything without knowing more details about what you're trying to achieve is too much for me.

maybe someone else can help with that.

Amen to that. Additionally i would like to know what drove you to the "Advanced & Expert Users" forum? Do you think the "Unix for Dummies" is below you?

*grrrr*

bakunin