Need script help for monitoring duplex settings

So I have a server I am trying to set up a script to send a Wall message notifying of my eth0 nic being set to 100 half duplex instead of 100 full duplex.

I know I am trying to read from /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 to pull the parameters

STARTMODE=onboot
BOOTPROTO=static
ETHTOOL_OPTIONS='speed=100
duplex=half
autoneg=off'
IPADDR=192.168.62.80
NETMASK=255.255.255.0

So when in the above condition, activate alarm message to console every 20 seconds. I am very new to shell scripting so any and all help is welcome.

Are you looking to trap for the speed and duplex only?
And, is 100 full the only valid data - anything else is a problem?

yes, speed and duplex only. Auto-negotiate on is also something I am looking for but at the very least, 100 full duplex.
The reason is I have a few servers that have mysteriously switched settings to 100 half. I don't care how they changed, I just need to know asap so as to correct the condition before network communications get too out of hand.

Seems the speed isn't changing in any case but only the duplex mode. Since you already have ethtool available, here's a start:

DUPLEX=$(ethtool eth0 | sed -n 's/Duplex:\(.*\)/\1/p')
if [ $DUPLEX = Full ]
then
   # Do something
elif [ $DUPLEX = Half ]
   # Do something else
fi

This is just the starting point I need. Thank you so much! I'll plug in the parameters I need and post the results!

---------- Post updated at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:30 AM ----------

Pardon my lack of knowledge here but I seem to be getting syntax errors with the "fi" at the end of the file? I tried running the dos2linux command to ensure there are no weird characters at the end of the file. Am I missing something within?

starbuck:/home/acc4000d # ./duplex72
./duplex72: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
./duplex72: line 8: `fi'

#!/bin/sh
DUPLEX=$(ethtool eth0 | sed -n 's/Duplex:\(.*\)/\1/p')
if [ $DUPLEX = Full ]
then
   echo "All is good in the neighborhood"
elif [ $DUPLEX = Half ]
    echo "Check eth0 settings, I am at 100 half duplex. Do IT NOW!!!"
fi

Oops, I forgot the second "then". As in

if [...]
then
    [...]
elif [...]
then
   [...]
fi

EDIT: Also, I bet the second echo is gonna throw an error when trying to print the exclamation marks. Use single quotes instead.

That worked like a charm, thanks!!!