Need Script for File Watcher

Hi,
I need a script for "FILE WATCHER"

I have in a remote FTP location server named MAIN _104
EveryDay mrng 8 i hav to search couple of folders(COL, ATT, TRA) in that FTP server (MAIN_104), and if any files are present in that folders i hav to bring back to my computer and store it anywhere (say C:/newfolder).
I want a automate script such that the script automatically search for the files everyday and bring them to my location.

Can anyone plzz help for this script

c:/? Which UNIX is this?

It sound like one cron line:

0 8 * * * scp2 +C -d user@host:path1/*file_wildcard1  user@host:path2/*file_wildcard2 . . . c:/newfolder

This has compression and picks up many files in one command. Does it need to avoid moving the same file twice somehow?

@DGPickett

Its Shell Script
Yes I wann to avoid moving the same file twice
and the script has to run automatically everyday mrng ......
it has to b automated

You could ssh/ssh2/ftp list remote files, list local files, use comm -23 to find the new files and then scp2/scp/ftp the target files. This is very robust, especially if you can compare the file lengths or better yet cksum's (redoes partials and updated files) as well as names. Can you go to ssh/ssh2, which is more secure and script friendly than dusty old ftp? Are both boxes UNIX-like?

Or, you can use man rsync (linux); which will only copy those files which are newer.