Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I create those files, put ip addresses in? I tried to change my ip address in "hosts" it is changed but no effect.

Please help!:frowning:

lo0 is the loopback interface! you can't use it for real traffic. post the output of "dladm show-link" and we can help you get your config done...

hth,
DN2

nothing happens at all, I tried show-dev, nothing also

I don't know even if my NIC is recognized, by everything I tried so far i think not, how can i check device list? how will i install it when i don't have access to internet to get drivers? And after I run sysunconfig, on startup it doesn't ask me nothing about network settings, only device that ifconfig shows is "lo0" virtual interface, -a plumb gives me nothing. I think maybe I chose when installing Solaris, non networking version thinking that its going to be easy to set it up later. Do i need to install some addons or I can make it work with thing I got?

maybe you should give as a hardware overview or check the hcl's for support of your hardware!

Try posting the result of running "dmesg". Do you see your network card mentioned?

HCL - SiS 900 is supported!

... and does it give it a device name?

i installed ubuntu...