Need Help Urgent

Hi.

My E250 server (Solaris 8) running oracle database gets hangup in between. I checked the logs in /var/adm/messages but could not find anything related to this. can anyone help me out?

bala

What hangs up the database or the server itself?

I am also running Oracle 9.2 on the same Solaris Server.Let me know the details.

The server goes into hang state in all. It stops responding totally. What we do is take control of server through send break get into Ok prompt and then reboot the server. i checked the log file but could not find anything related to this. The server is connected to SAN and I suspect SAN to be the culprit. can u help???

Bala

check the system logs for errors ... if problem is SA-related, logs should report lost connections or problems with mounting filesystems, etc. ... if logs not helpful and you suspect the SAN, comment out the SAN-shared filesystems and reboot the box ... observe for a day or 2 ... if stable, your SAN mounts are the culprit ... if not stable, check your OS logs for issues ... however, if your Oracle databases are on those SAN-shared filesystems --- also check the Oracle logs for issues after you check the system logs ... good luck!