Need a suggestion about a good Linux Distribution

Hi,
I am a teacher of an technical institution. I used to teach Unix and Shell Programing in the institute. I use Fedora Distribution but now a days I am having a problem with hardware support and Driver of this distribution. Can any one suggest me a good distribution where I can get all I need for teaching students and the essence of UNIX.

Hi,
I have used both Fedora and Ubuntu. In my experience I found Ubuntu better. Lightweight and stable.

-Raja

I would suggest OpenSUSE. I have had my own issues with Ubuntu not being all that it seemed to be made out as. I like my OpenSUSE.

Stable is one thing, but lightweight? Really? I've compiled entire distros on machines Ubuntu's installer threw OOM-kill messages on.

I would also contest stable, but that is also highly dependent on the hardware and the configuration that is used. For general purpose, I would recommend SUSE as it is well thought out, layed out, and has a decent support community.

I have found ubuntu to be best supporting drivers and harware for desktops. But I use CentOS for my servers.