Nas server TS-251+

Hello.

I have this nas server ts-251+ and I thought about - if it is possible to make a script that can turn on/off for the vpn via crontab.

If it's possible ( I dont have any knowledge about scripts myself ), can anyone help me creating the script?

Thank you.

Probably, but perhaps only a very few (maybe even none at all) of us know your specific hardware, so you will have to help us out there.

Can you tell use what you would do to turn VPN on/off by hand? Is there a certain command (sequence) you enter to achieve this result?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

I want to set up a time schedule for activating and deactivating the vpn - by using crontab.

The OS system is called QTS 4.2 (I think it's the same as Unix/Linux)

Right now I have to enter the settings to manually activate and deactivate the vpn.

This is the Nas server I have TS-251+ - Features | QNAP (US)

If you need specific information, please tell me because I dont know what kind of information you need to know :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I have understood that. My question was about something else (see below).

OK. Most of these appliances run some Linux derivate under the hoods so you are most probably right: perhaps this is some Linux.

What i meant was: is there a single command (or some commands) you execute to turn vpn on/off? We might not know these because we do not know your system (i certainly don't), but if you provide us with these commands we can help you turn them into cron-jobs and guide you through the process of creating the necessary cron entries.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

Right now i just connect to the VPN by clicking "Forbind" which means connect.
Im sorry if thats not what you meant

Im not using any commands, i just set up the OpenVPN and click connect - I have uploaded a screenshot - but moderator have to accept it first.