Nagios on AIX

I have just been handed a server running aix 61, and an installation of nagios is running on this server. It is monitoring multiple servers in our environment, i assume it is only monitoring aix servers, the admin that did this install has left the company and there isnt any documentation on this setup. I do get mail from the host telling me about issues with servers, so it is definately working, i want to migrate this to another server, understand it, and admininster the installation.

the documentation i found is telling me, there are many ways this can be installed, one is with nrpe client, (this in not running on my machine or on machines that i get info on..)

also, it needs mysql, i dont think that is installed on my aix box, apache is running,

so some of my questions are, how do i find out HOW is nagios installed on my server, what are the components and how do i migrate to another ibm aix host

The main configuration file for the nagios core is localhost.cfg. Find that file and your questions should be answered. There should also be a few other smaller configs in the same location.

why don't you search for nagios in the AIX machine

# find /-name nagios