nagios configuration

HI all,

This is my first topic in this forum.
I have a test environment which has a fedora in it and i installed nagios 3.0.6
I added windows clients into it.
But i am not getting informative outputs from it.
Can anyone tell me where i can edit inorder to get a more informative garph output.

Thanks
Renjesh Raju

Hi Renjesh ,

If you follow the instruction of nagios documents there is a clear instruction about how to monitor windows client.Any how the procedure is ..Download the NSS++ Addons and install it on your windows machine. Edit the NSS.ini file as per the documents to add the port no for nss++ and your nagios server IP.Check weather firewall is opened for the NSS-client port if not open the port.If everthing goes well then you can see a big + sign in your system tray.And on the nagios server edit the Edit the main Nagios config file.
vi /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
and
#cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg
Save the file and exitfile to monitor the windows client just remove the # ..run a pre-flight test to check everything is fine .. restart nagios and Enjoy :smiley:

Thanks ,
sahil_ shine

Thank for ur response

But i already configured my nagios client and i can see the graphs through "alert histogram" in the GUI.My concern is the graphs,which i am getting are not good enough for viewing and the information they that is getting is less. Is there any plugins which can give me a better output with nagios.

One more thing,can you tell me how i can configure a unix client because it is not covered in the nagios doc.

Thanks
Renjesh Raju

:wink:

But you should tell what do you want to monitor for Windows client.And secondly I don't think you have gone through the docs,there is an addon mentioned for unix client and you can find documentation for that in nagios website.:rolleyes:

Renjesh Raju,

There are a lot of graph plugins that are available for nagios. (cacti /mrtg / rrdtool). Google some docs about it and it will provide you more information.

Cheers!