My NIC driver didn't pass high pressure test!

My NIC driver, which is writed by myself, didn't pass high pressure test!

I writed a shell script in which the key commands are "scp" to test the driver under high pressure. The shell script loop 3000 times and in each loop, the scp command transmits 1GB data.

When the test fail, it report like this:
"... 0B/s ... stalled ... "
"write failure: broken pipe"
It means the transmission rate between client and server is fall gradually to 0Byte per second from 11MB per second when the driver run nomally. Finally, the "pipe broken"(what does it mean)! This failure often ocurred after a large amount of data transmitted, such as 36GB or 52GB and so on.

what is the problem? How should I crrect it?

li,kunlun

your issue may not be the nic driver but rather the amount of data you are trying to ram through your network ... as it is, just because you have 1 gb worth of data going through your nic without any issues does not mean that your 10 mb data cable can handle the data volume just as easily ... i suggest you start with a small amount of data and increase it to where you see the errors so you know the max data your nic can handle without issues ... also research maximum data load on your network setup ... you may find nothing or you may find the fix to your problem ...

One or both of the test systems doesn't happen to be Windows, does it?

Seeing bandwidth drop off down to almost nothing when transfering a very large amount of data is a known Windows problem.