multiple instances of same vg on same AIX machine

hi,
i am new to AIX and to this forum as well. Can you please help me out with following issue/requirement

1) I have one physical volume (pv1) (a scsi disk). (pv1) on 1st AIX machine. I have a single volume group on it(vg1).
2)I removed it from the 1st AIX machine and exported to the 2nd AIX machine. I am able to successfully import the vg1 and use it.
3) Now i got a new physical volume (pv2) on 1st AIX machine, and created the same volume group on it i.e vg1. (it has some updated information than the old volume group vg1).
4) Now i removed from 1st AIX machine and exported to 2nd AIX machine. 5) Now when i try to import this new vg1 on AIX2 it says vg1 is already used.

But i want to have both the volume groups (old vg1 and new vg1) on the same AIX server (2nd one). So some one can help me how i can do it? I dont want to use different vg names.

I have AIX 6.1 on 64bit kernel

Do an importvg on the hdisk and give it a new alternate name. It can't have two VGs with the same name. Also if your filesystems on that 2nd VG will have same LV names or mountpoints, you will not be able to mount them that easy.

If you explain what's your goal, we could suggest an alternative maybe.