Multi-homing in SCTP of OpenSolaris10

Hi,

I met a problem about multi-homing in SCTP of opensolaris10 system.

There is a server and a client communicating with SCTP socket (One-To-One style).

For the server, I bind two IP addresses (with different subclass) to the its socket .

For the client, two IP addresses are binded to client's socket, corresponding to server's addresses. Only one of them is used to be as the server address in connect() function since there is no API sctp_connectx() in solaris10.

I have no idea how can the multi-homing feature be used on solaris10?

I used SCTP_ASSOCINFO option to get a struct sctp_assocparams and its member sasoc_number_peer_destinations is 1.

The addresses returned from sctp_getladdrs() and sctp_getpaddrs() are the pairs used for connect().

I tried to trigger multi-homing feature by using SCTP_PRIMARY_ADDR option to change the primary address on client. But it seems that this option is not supported by solairs10. (both setsockopt() and sctp_opt_info())

For my comprehension, I think the two endpoints will negotiate the IP address set used for communication during initialization of association, even only one address is used for connection. After initialization, multi-addresses can be used.

I'm confused about this.

Could you please give me some comments?

Thanks a lot.