Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix.

My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so moving this machine was canceled.

I do not have access to licensing messages and my predecessor is not available to try to recall them.

Has anybody else had a similar issue ? Is SCO still in business ? Can we purchase a couple of inexpensive licenses and/or find our old licensing information on our servers to reuse the license on the same server in a new location.

Thx
Timfox123

There are two kinds of messages that you may have.
The first, that the software is not registered. This does not stop the system from running, it only means that you have not told SCO about the installation.
The second, that there are duplicate licenses in use. This usually occurs if you have two systems on the same subnet using the same serial number. One of the machines will stop after an hour the first few times, then eventually immediately. If you had several virtual machines this error may have occurred.
SCO is still in business. You can find them at xinuos.com
What version are you using?
You can find the license number by running scoadmin->license-manager.
If you have registered the software, SCO will provide you with the license key.

What is the output of "uname -X"?

Hey JGT, you are a lifesaver !!!

Did exactly what you said. thx again.