Moving folders

I'm new at this, so bare with me.

I'm looking to move some folders, but keep the tree intact.

Example:

I have hundreds of folders in one directory (parent directory). In each folder there is a one folder called "source" and about 10 files. I want to move all the "Source" directories from each folder and place them in a different location, but I want to keep the same locations for each "source" folder. Basically, take out each "source" folder and place it in the same path, but in another location

Sounds too difficult for windows or Dos. So I'll try it in Linux.

thanks in advance

Please give more clue
the file you want to move are like

/parent/*/source/*

where do want to move them ?

under "f:\5_images Read" there are hundreds of folders. Each folder contains one folder called "source" I would like to move them to "F:\0_Source" folder and keep their paths. I say move because that's my ultimate goal, but copying them first, then verify that it has been done, then delete all the source directories would be my ideal situation. NTFS permission would then be changed on all "source" directories.

Run a DOS command consol
and enter

copy /?

It will display the available options you can use to run this DOS command line to fit your needs.

(By the way, we are on a unix forum, and you are turning into a unix question what is in your case a windows one ...)

True, but

@gnpower: Is there a Linux installation available, or will you use an Live-CD? Is this an external disk or internal?