Move solaris 9 to onoter solaris 9 same HW

Hi,

I'm experiancing with user accounts login to the new SunFire 280 system that i restored from tap backup in order to change the HW system from another Sunfire 280. After restore is done, i tried to login with regular users, none of them is working only root (telnet not ssh) is working. Another suggestion or recommendation?

Thanks!

Pls explain exactly what was done. any authentication methods used.. etc ? should not be the case

• We did a full backup of the system using Data Protector software with the option to check: keep the most recent;
  • We did restore the full system to original location /, /var/run, /export/home, /data;
  • After restore is done, we did restore /etc/passwd, /etc/group, etc/shadow with option to check: force to write to target;
  • on old box, we use either telnet or ssh to connect to the box and all user accounts are able to telnet or ssh. On the new box, only root can access to the box with telnet not ssh. I been tried with user accounts that i know the password, none of them are able to access to the new box whether through telnet or ssh.

I stoped ssh and restarted ssh and the problem is the same.

Thanks

post /etc/nsswitch.conf