Mounting problem.

Hi,

I wanted to mount my windows folder under linux using samba server..

I just run this command :
$mount -t smbfs -o fmask=666,ajay //16.100.225.179/Build_stage /mnt/share

ajay is user name .. it prompted for password i have given that now i saw error message like

27893: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

before this i setup samba server and added myself(ajay) to it.
I m able to access linux file under windows... thru SMB... but i want to copy windows file in linux. plz give solution.

Or u can also suggest me right way ... I want script which copies some of my windows file to linux.

Please reply me... how can i transfer files from windows to linux...

Thanks
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

The fact that your getting the 'Access denied' errors would suggest that the user you are logging in as doesn't have access to the directory on your Windows PC.
You could try a few things to test it, try either disabling the windows firewall (if enabled) or adding an exception to allow file sharing, also check the sharing & security settings of the folder on your Windows PC (right click on the folder on your Windows PC and select 'Sharing & Security') to ensure the user 'Ajay' appears in the list and that they have full access.

On Windows XP, nowadays, File & Print sharing is set to a minimum to 'enhance' security... I think if you check your firewall & folder settings it should solve your problem.