mount with CIFS

hi everyone

months ago i installed software on hp-ux box. So instead of going to the server room (which is far and cold :slight_smile: ), I put the DVD in my windows xp box and mount it using CIFS, it was successful.

Now I want to install another software on the same hp-ux box using the same windows box but it gives me an error.

the configurations:
in windows:

• the DVD Drive D is sharable with permission for "adam" as windows user in administrators group.

in hp-ux:
1- smbOverTcp is set to "yes"
2- the /windows_cdrom is created as mount point with 777 mode and root:sys owner.
3- /etc/hosts contain the windows box IP address and can ping to the windows and vice versa

the steps to mount the DVD:

I inserted the DVD in Windows box (ip: 192.168.1.152) and as root on hp-ux, I issued:

# cifsclient start
# mount -F cifs 192.168.1.152:/D /window_cdrom
# bdf
bdf: /window_cdrom: Permission denied

When I continue:

# cifslogin -U adam 192.168.1.152
adam's password on 192.168.1.152: (I entered pw)
SRV: Bad password
SRV: Bad password

By the way : I tried it with another hp-ux box and it works fine...so the windows box is ok

what i'm missing... please help me to continue ...Thank you

(Extract from mail with HP CIFS team (Eric)...)

thank you vbe
it worked the way i did it before and it worked with another hp-ux ... but i don't know why it gives error now...
i'll try your way ...thanks again

It is not working because your passwd is not recognised.. Why?
Check if you have the same char/keyboard set or locale or (dont know still thinking...)...

I had this case when the network group decided to use actve directory for logging (almost single sign on for ordinary users) all my generic accounts failed (and the batches and smb...)