mount point lost

hi ,

I was applying patches after that when i reboot i get these message. I did not do anything other thatn this. Now i am unable to start my oracle . Tell me how to solve this

These are the error messages

forceload of /drv/rdriver failed
/drv/rdmexus failed

drvconfig - driver failed to attach : rdriver

mount pt - /dev/dsk/c4t5s0s6 or /u01

unable to repair one or more fs
Run fsck manually

/dev/rsdk/c4t5d0s6 - no such file or directory

regards:confused:

First - what OS and version??

When you were applying the patches, were you in single user mode?

Did you run the fsck on the drive that the system warned about?

Just reboot the system in single user mode & run fsck.
Hopefully you wont have to repair your filesystem.

Best Wishes...

Minaz

I would reboot back to your old kernel. Get the system running again and then figure out what went wrong.

If you had a problem with a kernel update, I am not sure that rebooting and fsck will fix your problem. You can try that, but I would restore your environment first. Then you can troubleshoot what went wrong with the patch you tried to install.

Just my 2K.

:cool:

Were you able to do a df -k ? or perhape get the /etc/vfstab file and paste it out on here ?

Quan

isn't the backup superblock designed for problems like these?

if it is, how would one extract the information from this part of the cylinder?

./MAKEDEV ?

I've had a similar problem, I had to do as the system said and run the fsck manually, I had to do this 3 or so times until the error cleared.

check your /etc/vfstab to get the correct raw device. I know HP-UX will reinstall drivers and special files with insf -e, I'm not sure of the Solaris equiv.

I'm not sure if Solaris created a backup kerenl for you as part of a kernel change, HPUX does

Kie