Mount a volume

Hi,

I dig up an old topic because I don't find the solution with shell but with applescript

mount volume "smb://MyIP/itransfert/Public/1-Arrivees" as user name "MyIP\\itransfert_cs" with password "MyPassword"

Otherwise I would want to know the reason it doesn't work with bash:
I have a problem with the command mount with a password with special character

mount -t smbfs '//itransfert_cs:password@IP/itransfert/1-Arrivees/Vers_K2' /share

the password contain a * and a @

I try to quote but doesn't work, replace the @ with %40 and try to escape with \ but doesn't work�
I don't understand�
I'm working with apple bash

1. you can escape special characters in password
  2. or since there are no spaces in the string,
mount -t smbfs //itransfert_cs:'password'@IP/itransfert/1-Arrivees/Vers_K2 /share

Sorry but already try and don't work with quote and double quote

This is a long shot...

Have you tried double escaping?

Assume the password is abc*abc@abc

Try this for you password "abc\\*abc\\@abc"

Note the quotes and the double escaping...

Thx, i dont try this...i will test it tomorrow at my job.

I'd guess that the @ character in the password is really screwing things up.

Assuming you're running MacOS, you should have dtrace, right? You could use dtruss to follow the mount command and see what it's actually trying to do:

Brendan's blog � Top 10 DTrace scripts for Mac OS X

I have some servers that treat @ as 'end of password', so I avoid it all the time in my passwords now. I think they are HP-UX, but there must be an original standard that was followed when this became a problem. It's annoying enough having to change so many passwords, but when the rules of what is allowed vary, it becomes worse. I just avoid @ entirely now.

I've also had problems with & #

Robin

I have not choose the password, it is impose by my company, anyway i do my job with an applescript, it's just for learn...

---------- Post updated at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:19 AM ----------

I just try to double escape and i have the same error

URL parsing failed, please correct the URL and try again: Invalid argument

however i'am sure of my URL

Assuming that you aren't available on the public internet, can you post your exact command? We can then try to diagnose it further.

Change a few alphabetic characters in the password, but nothing else.

Robin

Here my command line

mount -t smbfs //itrans_cs:Gh\\@nles1\\*@10.xx.xx.xx/itransfert/1-Arrivees/ /Volumes/testArrivees