Mount a remote file system

Hello,

I'm having troubles with sharing a filesystem across 2 machines...

Machine A, running Solaris 10, is sharian via NFS the filesystem /sp.

Machine B, running Solaris 10, is mounting /sp shared by A in /tm/sp and shares via NFS the /tm folder.

Machine C, running HP-UX, is mounting /tm from machine B in /mnt.

The problem is that fom machine C is is not possible to access /mnt/sp. It is listed as empty.

Could you please help?

Thank you!

Maybe that's a (intended) limitation of NFS in Solaris 10*. Maybe you have to set some option in order to export a filesystem across filesystem borders. For performance reasons you should mount /sp from machine A directly on C (way over B doubles network load and esp. locking latency).

Despite some special situations mounting /tmp via NFS is not that good as
(i) it's not possible to have sockets on NFS (some apps depend on such things in /tmp)
(ii) some apps do write quite heavily to /tmp (and get slow that way)
(iii) if some system deamon uses a temp file and your network breaks or gets slow your system gets into trouble

• to find out whether solaris or hp-ux doesn't do it: can you mount B:/tm on A (in some other directory)?

Hello,

It's not a problem of HP-UX... Is the same behavior with 3 Solaris machine...

More details...

"sp" is a ZFS Pool having the following Filesystems:

/sp/int
/sp/trans

All 3 are shared in the same way via NFS.

If I try to mount from machine A to B the /sp I will not be able to access the content of /sp/int nor /sp/trans.
But if I will mount from machine A to B the /sp/trans then the content is visible. Same for /sp/int...

Jut discover this...

Bcos ONLY that dir is shared out. Not others. Pls check

Well it is not that... All dirs are shared... At leas that is shown by "share" command...