Mono Project!

Hello,

Does anyone know about MONO PROJECT? It supports .NET on linux! I have downloaded its packages and installed it. But I don't know how to start it!!! Where can I find installed programs?!

Well, what exactly do you want to do with MONO? Do you want to write .NET based applications (if so, in which language, C#, etc) - or do you just want to run them? If so, which applications are you trying to run?

Questions, questions....

Cheers
ZB

I want to write programs in C# and ASP.NET. Mono says that it has a stduio similar to Visual studio in windows. A good text editor and etc...
By the way I found a file which seems to be the compiler for C# and I compiled a C# code with it and it generated a .exe file in Linux. However, linux does not execute it!!

File extensions are not necessary in UNIX. Under MS Windows a .exe file is executable. UNIX, the file could be any extension and could be executable. You need to change the permissions of the file to make it executable.
So to make your file executable you need to turn on the permission of the file, which to execute would be to
chmod 100 SomeFile
but might be best to do a chmod 744 SomeFile. This will give it read/write & execute permissions, plus group and world permission of read.

locustfurnace thanks for help...

Anyway has experience with MONO project specifically?

I want to install MonoDevelop on Fedora core 8.
Mono is installed on fedora core 8. bute when configure script is executed, we have error that it can not find UNMANNAGED_MONO and error message is "Please Install .Net 2 or Mono 1.1.0 or later"
Please Help me. Thanks.
Edit/Delete Message