Mod_rewrite to handle paths ?

That is because the instructions assume you have node.js and Angular installed and you have basic knowledge about what you are doing.

Those instructions assume you know what you are doing and have some minimal experience with Angular.

It's obvious you have no experience with Angular or Node.js but are trying to build and deploy an Angular app.

I'm going to close this thread if you do not listen to me and go learn what you are doing before wasting more of my time.

I cannot help you if you are not willing or are too lazy to learn Angular and Node.js.

Cheers.

OBTW, MaxtheCat ....

Is this the Angular "Taskboard" app you are trying to install?

GitHub - janpetzold/angular-taskboard: A taskboard for stories and associated tasks, implemented in AngularJS

?

It's not my fault the author did not mention this, now I know. Alright I'll watch these videos, I hope they lead me to getting this app installed.

--- Post updated at 04:07 AM ---

No.

Above I asked if this was the Angular app you are trying to install?

GitHub - janpetzold/angular-taskboard: A taskboard for stories and associated tasks, implemented in AngularJS

Or is it a different App?

It's a different app; TaskBoard

Max,

That Angular app is very old:

GitHub - kiswa/TaskBoard: A Kanban-inspired app for keeping track of things that need to get done. (Don't forget to read the Wiki page!)

The last release was 4 years ago: kiswa released this on Dec 5, 2015

Maybe you should try to work with some recent version of Angular apps?

Angular has changed a lot in the past 4 years :slight_smile:

Javacript SPA frameworks have high momentum these days and the state-of-the-art is moving forward very fast. You should really try a "taskboard" app written with the current version of Angular (or Vue, or React).

Do you have any suggestions ? I'd like something similar to the link I posted.

I'm not an Angular fan, sorry.

I'm a Vue.js fanboy :slight_smile:

Either way, you should watch a few YT video tutorials first, IMHO.

The world has shifted away from asking a lot of basic questions in forums before at least watching a few video tutorials.

It's the modern day version of "RTFM".... but instead it's "Watch the F... ing Videos" (WTFV) .... LOL .

Seriously, watch some videos. They are great and FREE.

This is true, what I've noticed. I'll stick with that app even if it's old after watching the videos, then if I have questions; I'll ask. I can't find anything similar and I fumbled upon that app as I need something like that for the work I do.

A quick Google shows this one, which looks well supported and promising:

A simple Kanban board software built with Electron and Vue.js

Also, personally, I like the various templates by "Creative Tim":

Creative Tim Products

But his templates are just that, "templates" and are not full blown apps; but only scaffolding templates for developers who wish to build more complex apps.

And Creative Tim does not have any "taskboards".... he likes dashboards, for the most part.

But don't forget to at least spend 30 minutes to an hour a day watching YT videos if you want to understand modern web development.

WTFV ROTFL :slight_smile:

Cheers.

FWIW, this app at UNIX.COM is written in Vue.js:

UserCP Prototype 0.7364

https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/viewprofile

I like topsi-project-manager. Alright, I would have been fussing over why I couldn't get that app installed if it wasn't for your input. Therefore I'll watch the videos amongst the dozens of others on other computer subjects I must watch over the next week or so, then go ahead and install and hopefully I won't need to ask any questions, if so this thread will get updated :wink:

[topsi-project-manager](https://github.com/Physiix/topsi-project-manager)  
1 Like

That Topsi Project Manager on GitHut looks promising.

All these apps benefit from strong knowledge and experience in

HTML
CSS
Javascript

Plus you need some server side tech like PHP and a database like MySQL or you can go the JSON NOSQL DB way with Google's Firebase as the datastore.

These apps look and work great, but they really require expertise in full-stack web development, from the server to the UI, to make them work properly beyond "scaffolding" and "templating".

I suggest you learn and work in Vue.js versus Angular or React, as it is my opinion that Vue is really the way to go. But that's up to you.

The web has moved strongly to "components and component-based sharing" in the last few years; and many do not realize just how far the web has shifted toward the component-based MVVM paradigm.

1 Like

In the mean time would it be possible to get someone to help install topsi project manager on my account / server, though the means of this forum so I can get this installed before diving into your suggestions ?

I'm hoping depending on ones experience it shouldn't take long ?

First you must install Node on your desktop development computer:

Node.js

Then you need to install the Vue CLI for Node using the node package manager, npm.

We are not going to do this work for you. But you can follow my instructions and provide feedback as you do it, yourself, I'll help you.

But really, you should spend time watching basic YT tutorials and learning what you want to do before asking us to help you do it. Don't be lazy about learning and expect us to do what you are too lazy to spend a few hours on to learn. We are all just as busy as you, or maybe even more busy!

Modern web development using Javascript frameworks requires considerable technical skills. You must at least learn the basics by both working on the project yourself, watching video tutorials, and then asking questions after you have at least made some honest attempt to learn.

For me, I find it more productive to watch a YT tutorial on some cool new technology versus watching a movie rerun on TV; and I get a lot done enjoying a good video tutorial every day, versus watching the same news about the world of politics, crime, and punishment. So please....

WTFV ROTFL

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have installed Node.js and Vue CLI. How can I get the help to get the rest setup and installed, unless continue in this thread; I worry it made get quite long ?

Start a new thread in this forum.

Web Development

Thanks.

1 Like