Mkcluster: Cluster product not licensed

Hi,

I have installed PowerHA 7.1.1 on my two node with AIX 6.1 TL08 SP02, i've verified that my server is correctly supported.

but before of starting my PowerHA, i must create my respository disk (CAA), and unfortunately i have this ERROR:

mkcluster: Cluster product not licensed.

someone, can help me?
Thanks in advance,

Maurizio

Not yet, and it will be a few days before I can create a similar situation.

I am not exactly sure on the status of CAA with AIX 6.1 (I have only used it with AIX 7.1). I would expect it to be available in TL8, but this needs verification.

Also check if the (SystemMirror/PowerHA) "license" fileset is installed. It may be as simple as that.

If still stuck, check with IBM support and/or your business partner. And I am sure there are suggestions in redbooks. A friend of mine has worked on several for SystemMirror.

Ah yes, SystemMirror 7.1.1 is not even close to being the latest version. As you are just starting with your cluster - download the updates via Fix Central!!! while it is easy to get time to update your cluster.

Powerha 7.1.1 needs at least aix 6.1 TL6 according to the documentation, so that should be ok.

I hate to say it, but: PowerHA v7 is utter crap. Do yourself a favour and install v6. This is exactly the same kind of spurious errors we last saw in the transition from HACMP 4.4 to v5. Nothing worked really until a heavy, extended makeover, which basically was writing the whole damn thing anew from the bottom up. Not to mention, that the "repository disk" is a single point of failure (it can't be even mirrored), which begs the question what a cluster is good for, if not for avoiding exactly this.

Michael can probably tell you more about what is going on behind the curtains, but my strong opinion is: PowerHA v7 is going to be scrapped and built anew with a new team (exactly the same had happened to v5).

I hope this helps.

bakunin

I have to agree, any new HA product or significant release is just rubbish and has been for years.

It's as if the development team are working to a release date payment or bonus rather than to any kind of stable code release.

And that just makes it a pain for anybody else involved trying to get all the problems sorted out.

Go back to stable code and let others worry about all the new problems for you, is my advice with HA.

systemmirror 7.1.2 is actually working well.

my pet peeve with all the new releases is the massive shifting of screens in smit, where files are, etc..

i also do not prefer the multicast for network heartbeats, etc. etc.

it is worthy of your study as powerha 6.1 is coming to end of life, maybe this year, maybe next year. personally, i have no clue when, but i hear people i consider experts talking about that much more than a year ago.

so, while i will agree that 7.1.0 and 7.1.1 are not the product to start with, 7.1.2 could be.