Merge multiple .so files

Hi all,

I am developing an application in Tcl, inwhich i have to load many modules written in C. I am converting those C modules into shared object\(.so\) files, and wrap it with my application using SWIG, for which i had the interface file.   

Now my question is, i have two different .so files, let me name it as (prog1.so) and (prog2.so). My prog1.so contains 5 functions and my prog2.so contains 3 functions.

If i load prog1.so file individually in tclsh shell, i can able to call the functions available in prog1.so. Similarly for prog2.so also. But i want to call all the functions available in both the prog1.so and prog2.so .

Can Anyone help me to sort this problem out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the procedure what i did. kindly correct me if i did something wrong.

step 1:
------
I have the "prog1.c" file and interface file "prog1.i " and creating a wrapper code for it using the command

$   swig -tcl prog1.i

This will give me "prog1_wrap.c" which is a wrapper code for my C program.

step 2:
------
Now i compile the prog1.c and prog1_wrap.c using the following command

$    gcc -fPIC -c prog1.c prog1_wrap.c -I /usr/local/include

This will give me prog1.o and prog1_wrap.o files.

step 3:
------
Now i create a prog1.so file using the following command

$     gcc -shared prog1.o prog1_wrap.o -o prog1.so

step 4:
------

Here i will go to the tclsh shell and Load the \(.so\) file.

%  load ./prog1.so prog1

This will load the file and i can able to call the function available in prog1.c

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can do the same for any no.of programs individually. But if i try to combine shared object files of two programs i can't able to load it in tclsh shell.

I tried with the following commands to merge the (.so) files, I doesnt know whether it make sense.

1. $ gcc -shared prog1.so prog2.so -o combine.so

2. $ gcc -shared prog1.o prog1_wrap.o prog2.o prog2_wrap.o -o combine.so

I hope these where not correct method to merge a two different shared object file.

I am Expecting your Valuable suggestions!!!
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Kumar.

Hi,

I saw your post on unix.com about linking multiple .so files

http://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/25243-how-merge-link-2-independent-so-files.html

and I was wondering if you found a solution to your problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
Teena

hello friend,

will you please tell me how can i use ".so file" into my c code

i've wrrten a function

void print(){
printf("Hello world");
}

now i have created its ".so" now how can i use this function(print()) into my c code directly i mean how can i link these . . .