Memory problems on a -sunfire T2000

I work with a network management tool, which, for various reasons, is installed on a solaris server.This is a Sunfire T2000 server with 16 CPUs and 8GB of RAM. I have installed a Solaris 10 ZFS and 8GB swap. From the beginning I had problems with memory occupation that it rises progressively to 95% of the 8GB, no swapping, no cpu problems. When I run a top command, I see that sum of these processes is less than 2 gb. Do you have any idea where I can find the 6GB I missing?

In the ZFS ARC cache and similar. It's actually not a problem as this is still available memory.

Run this:

echo ::memstat | mdb -k

The problem is that when memory is above 87% occupancy, it shuts down the network monitoring application, which is all this server has installed. Although, there is not core.

bash-3.00# echo ::memstat | mdb -k
Page Summary                Pages                MB  %Tot
------------     ----------------  ----------------  ----
Kernel                      83685               653    8%
ZFS File Data              267573              2090   26%
Anon                       186106              1453   18%
Exec and libs               10172                79    1%
Page cache                   5512                43    1%
Free (cachelist)             4313                33    0%
Free (freelist)            455652              3559   45%
Total                     1013013              7914
Physical                  1007838              7873
bash-3.00# 
You have new mail in /var/mail/root
bash-3.00#

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.

First of all, use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code. You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags

```text
 and 
```

by hand.)

Second, avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts. Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.

Third, be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

Why is this monitoring application shutting down ?

One workaround might be to limit the arc cache size:
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS\_Evil\_Tuning\_Guide\#Limiting\_the\_ARC_Cache